Synology DiskStation 8-Bay NAS, Quad-core 2.1 GHz CPU (DS1819+) Price in Dubai UAE
- Reviews (0)
Synology DiskStation 8-Bay NAS, Quad-core 2.1 GHz CPU (DS1819+)
The Synology (DS1819+) is an 8-bay NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses, providing outstanding performance with great expandability. With various built-in applications and comprehensive data protection technologies, DS1819+ fulfills different business needs while safeguarding users’ valuable digital assets. DS1819+ is backed up by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Synology (DS1819+) Key Features
- Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
- Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
- Ultimate Backup Solution
- Powerful Collaboration Solution
- Effortless Virtualisation Deployment
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Runs on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Quad-core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AES-NI encryption engine
- 4 GB DDR4 memory pre-installed, expandable up to 32 GB
- Superior sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing
- Boost IOPS performance with M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache through optional M2D18 adapter card
- Four Gigabit LAN ports (RJ-45) with failover and Link Aggregation support; Optional 10GbE add-on card provides high-speed data transfer rate
- Scalable up to 18 drives with two expansion unit DX517 to meet high capacity demands
- Ready for deploying dynamic virtualisation environments includes VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and OpenStack Cinder
Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ is an 8-bay desktop network attached storage built with great scalability and performance, ideally suitable for growing businesses. You can easily scale it up to 18 drives with two expansion unit DX517 when needing more storage capacity. In addition, M.2 SSD adapter M2D18 is available for you to supercharge the random IOPS through SSD cache, while an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter escalates data transmission bandwidth to meet intensive workload demands. DS1819+ is equipped with one quad-core processor and 4 GB memory (upgradable to 32 GB), delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing under aggregated 10Gb Ethernet environment. The built-in four Gigabit LAN ports support failover and Link Aggregation. DS1819+ can also be deployed with your existing virtualisation environments with its dynamic virtual machine certificates.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1819+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology with customisable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
- File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- Advanced LUN offered by the cutting-edge iSCSI service built for administrators provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS1819+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop devices. DS1819+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
- NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
- Server/VMware backup: Active Backup for Business centralises backup tasks for VMware virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when needed.
- SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralised dashboard, optimising storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology
Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
- Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and supports cross-platform synchronisation to allow anywhere data access. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
- Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
- Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules and organise daily tasks effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
- Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations instantly and safely and optimises companies’ internal communications with its powerful information management and interaction features.
Effortless Virtualisation Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS1819+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualisation solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps to offload storage operations and optimises computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Virtual Machine Manager
DS1819+ is designed with virtualisation in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your server.
- Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering a reliable storage solution with robust features.
- Various Operating Systems Supported lets you run Windows, Linux, and VirtualDSM on your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
- Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
- Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology NAS to another.
- Flexible IT Resource Management enables you to allocate hardware resources such as computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.
- Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for subsidiary business units or departments.
- Synology iSCSI Storage fully supports most virtualisation solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface.
Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking user interface, DSM provides simple desktop-like experience to minimise the efforts in exploring and managing your Synology NAS. The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages designed specifically for your unique needs, including file backup, virtualisation, productivity, safeguard security and utilities. With all the built-in and add-on features, DSM provides you with complete and fine-grained control of your DS1819+, maximising your productivity and make the best out of your digital assets. All can be done with just a few clicks.
Synology (DS1819+) Technical Specification
- CPU: Intel Atom C3538 quad-core 2.1GHz
- Hardware encryption engine: Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 Non-ECC SO-DIMM (expandable up to 32 GB wtih 16 GB ECC SO-DIMM x 2)
- Compatible drive type:
– 8 x 3.5” or 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)
– 2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 NVMe/SATA SSD3 (drives not included)
- Hot swappable drive: Yes
- External port:
– 4 x USB 3.0 port
– 2 x eSATA port
- Size (HxWxD): 166 x 343 x 243 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
- LAN: 4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)
- Wake on LAN/WAN: Yes
- PCIe 3.0 slot:
– 1 x 4-lane x8 slot
– 10GbE network interface card support
– M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD adapter card support
- Scheduled power on/off: Yes
- System fan: 2 (120 x 120 x 25 mm)
- AC input power voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Power frequency: 50/60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude: 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
General DSM Specification
- Networking protocol: SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™, L2TP)
- File system:
– Internal: Btrfs, ext4
– External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT5
- Supported RAID type: Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Storage management:
– Maximum single volume size: 108TB
– Maximum of system snapshots: 65,536
– Maximum internal volumes: 512
- SSD cache:
– Read-write cache support
– M.2 SSD support (M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD)
- File sharing capability:
– Maximum local user accounts: 2,048
– Maximum local groups: 256
– Maximum shared folders: 512
– Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connections: 1,000
- Privilege: Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege
- Directory service: Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
- Security: Firewall, encrypted shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS (Customisable cipher suite)
- Supported client: Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards
- Supported browser: Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards)
- Interface Language: English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český and more
Packages and Applications
- Drive: Provide a universal portal to synchronise your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. The built-in universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere.
– Maximum Number of Hosted Files: 1,000,000
– Maximum Number of Concurrent Connections for PC Clients: 550
- File Station: Virtual drives, remote folders, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users/groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs
- FTP Server: Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
- Presto File Server: High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop
- Cloud Sync: One or two-way synchronisation with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
- Universal Search: Offer global search into applications and files
- iSCSI Manager:
– Maximum iSCSI target: 128
– Maximum iSCSI LUN: 256
– iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
- Virtual Machine Manager: Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM
- Hyper Backup: Support local backup, network backup, and data backup to public clouds
- Backup tools: DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup. Shared folder sync – maximum task number: 16
- Snapshot Replication:
– Maximum of shared folder snapshots: 1,024
– Maximum of Replication: 32
- High Availability Manager: Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
- Active Backup for G Suite: Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Office 365: Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Business: All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor protection over PC, servers and VM on one centralised console
- Collaboration tools: Collaborate with instant message service Chat, online editor Office, and scheduling assistant Calendar
– Chat maximum user: 1,500
– Office maximum user: 1,800
– Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
- Note Station: Rich-text note organisation and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments
- MailPlus Server: Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- MailPlus: Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customisable mail labels, filters, and user interface
- Moments: Support smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, and iOS and Android mobile applications
- Other packages: Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server
- Surveillance Station: Maximum IP camera: 40 (total of 1200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- Synology Directory Server: Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
- CMS: Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
- VPN Server: Maximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec
- Mail Server: Supported Mail Server protocol: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, support LDAP/AD account
- Mail Station: Webmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customisable SMTP server
- Web Station: Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, 3rd-party applications support
- Other packages: DNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
- Storage Analyser: Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently modified files, least recently accessed files
- Antivirus Essential: Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customisation, virus definition auto update
- iOS/Android™ applications: Synology Drive, DS audio, DS photo, DS video, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS note, Moments, MailPlus
- Other packages: Additional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
- Environment safety: RoHS compliant
- Package content:
– DS1819+ main unit x 1
– Quick Installation Guide x 1
– AC power cord x 1
– Accessory pack x 1
– RJ-45 LAN cable x 2
- Optional accessories:
– 4GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC SO-DIMM (D4NS2133-4G)
– 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4SO-16G)
– Synology E10G18-T1 / E10G18-T2 / E10G15-F1 / E10G17-F2 10Gbps Ethernet adapters
– Synology M2D18 M.2 SSD adatper card
– Synology Expansion Unit DX517
– VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD
– Surveillance Device License Pack
– MailPlus License Pack
– Virtual DSM License Pack
- Warranty: 3 years