Synology RackStation (RS1219+) Price in Dubai UAE
- Reviews (0)
Synology RackStation (RS1219+)
The Synology (RS1219+) is a 2U 8-bay rackmount NAS powered by a quad-core processor with AESNI hardware encryption engine. With the ability to supercharge your storage with the optional M.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD cache drives, the RS1219+ is ideal to serve as a centralised file server for simplifying data management, protecting your critical assets and sharing files across different platforms. Synology RS1219+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Synology (RS1219+) Key Features
- 2U Compact Storage Server
- Enterprise-grade Applications
- Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
- Ultimate Backup Solution
- Effortless Virtualisation Environment
- A Powerful Collaboration Solution
- Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Quad-core 2U 8-bay NAS with AESNI support, and 2GB DDR3 memory, expandable up to 16GB
- Compact chassis design with the capability to fit in a 2-post rack
- PCIe slot for optional 10GbE add-on card
- Built-in four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Boost IOPS system performance with M.2 SSD cache by using optional M.2 SATA SSD adapter card
- High performance of over 1,310 MB/s reading and 470 MB/s writing
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Scale up to 12 drives with Synology RX4183
2U Compact Storage Server
Synology RS1219+ is a 8-bay network attached storage solution with high performance and scalable capacity. RS1219+ supports up to 12 drives when connecting with one RX418 expansion unit, allowing you to easily scale up on demand. Since both RS1219+ and RX418 are only 12 inches in depth, they can fit in a 2-post rack. In addition to a 10GbE add-on card, the PCle slot also supports the optional M.2 SATA SSD adapter card to function as an SSD cache to greatly enhance storage performance without using the 3.5″ drive bays. RS1219+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 2GB DDR3 memory (expandable up to 16GB). In a 10GbE network environment, RS1219+ delivers outstanding sequential throughput performance at over 1,310 MB/s reading and 470 MB/s writing.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS1219+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS1219+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensures file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS1219+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology with customisable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and provides with lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS1219+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Desktop Backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, or other desktop devices. RS1219+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
- NAS Backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, a public cloud service, or C2 Backup to ensure data safety.
- Server Backup: Active Backup for Server provides an agentless backup solution. It centralises data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and rsync to effectively minimise deployment and management costs.
- SaaS Backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralised dashboard. Optimise storage efficiency with single instancing and block-level deduplication technology
Effortless Virtualisation Environment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your RS1219+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualisation solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimises computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
- Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and allows cross-platform synchronisation for you to enjoy anywhere data access. You can also install Synology Office to take advantage of the online collaborative editor, which provides Document, Spreadsheet and Slides.
- Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design, and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
- Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules, and organise daily tasks without a hassle. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
- Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to create a safe and secure place where conversations can be held in real-time. It optimises companies’ internal communications with powerful information management and interaction features.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS1219+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures a seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerised application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- Optional 5-year warranty is available in select regions.
- CPU: Intel Atom C2538 quad-core 2.4GHz
- Hardware encryption engine: Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory: 2 GB DDR3L Non-ECC SO-DIMM (expandable up to 16 GB with 8GB SO-DIMM x 2)
- Compatible drive type: 8 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD/HDD (drives not included), 2 x M.2 SATA 2280/2260/2242 SSD (drives not included)
- Hot swappable drive: Yes
- External port:
– 2 x USB 3.0 port
– 1 x eSATA port
- Size (HxWxD):
– 88 x 430.5 x 297.6 mm
– 88 x 481.9 x 306.6 mm (with server ears)
- Weight: 6.90 kg
- LAN: 4 x 1GbE (RJ-45)
- Wake on LAN/WAN: Yes
- PCIe 2.0 slot:
– 1 x 4-lane x8 slot
– 10GbE network interface cards support
– M.2 SATA SSD adapter card support
- Scheduled power on/off: Yes
- System fan: 2 (80 x 80 x 25 mm)
- AC input power voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Power frequency: 50/60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude: 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
General DSM Specification
- Networking protocol: SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™, L2TP)
- File system:
– Internal: Btrfs, ext4
– External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT5
- Supported RAID type: Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Storage management:
– Maximum single volume size: 108 TB
– Maximum of system snapshots: 65,536
– Maximum internal volumes: 512
– Maximum iSCSI targets: 32
– Maximum iSCSI LUNs: 256
– iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
- SSD cache:
– Read-write cache support
– M.2 SSD support
- File sharing capability:
– Maximum local user accounts: 2,048
– Maximum local groups: 256
– Maximum shared folders: 512
– Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connections: 1,000
- Privilege: Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege
- Directory service: Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
- Virtualisation: VMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix®, OpenStack®
- Security: Firewall, encrypted shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS (Customisable cipher suite)
- Supported client: Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards
- Supported browser: Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards)
- Interface Language: English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český and more.
Packages and Applications
- Drive: Drive provides a built-in universal web portal for you to access and share data at anytime and anywhere. Its real-time synchronisation service ensures that you can access the most up-to-date files on multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS – Maximum Number of Synced Files: 1,000,000 / single file reaction time 437 ms – Maximum Number of Concurrent Connections for PC Clients: 550
- File Station: Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs
- FTP Server: Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
- Presto File Server: High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop
- Cloud Sync: One or two-way synchronisation with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatiblestorage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStackSwift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
- Universal Search: Offer global search into applications and files
- iSCSI Manager:
– Maximum iSCSI target: 128
– Maximum iSCSI LUN: 256
– iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
- Virtual Machine Manager: Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM
- Hyper Backup: Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds
- Backup tools: DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup Shared folder sync – maximum tasks: 8
- Snapshot Replication:
– Maximum shared folder snapshots: 1,024
– Maximum replications: 32
- High Availability Manager: Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
- Active Backup for G Suite: Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Office 365: Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Server: Business-wise file server backup, Back up servers via SMB or Rsync protocol
- Collaboration tools:
– Collaborate with instant message service “Chat”, online editor “Office”, and scheduling assistant “Calendar”
– Chat maximum user: 1,500
– Office maximum user: 1,800
– Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
- Note Station: Rich-text note organisation and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments
- MailPlus Server: Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- MailPlus: Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customisable mail labels, filters, and user interface
- Moments: Auto-sort photos with facial and subject recognition, to keep track of all your special moments in great detail
- Other packages: Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server
- Surveillance Station: Maximum IP cameras: 40 (total of 1,200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (includes two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- Synology Directory Server: Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
- CMS: Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
- VPN Server: Maximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec
- Web Station: Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, 3rd-party applications support
- Other packages: DNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
- Storage Analyser: Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files
- Antivirus Essential: Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customisation, virus definition auto update
- Other packages: Additional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
- Environment safety: RoHS compliant
- Package content:
– RS1219+ main unit x 1
– Quick Installation Guide x 1
– Accessory pack x 1
– AC power cord x 1
– C13 to C14 power cord x 1
- Optional accessories:
– 8GB DDR3L-1600 Non-ECC SO-DIMM kit (RAM1600DDR3L-4GBx2
– 16GB DDR3L-1600 Non-ECC SO-DIMM kit (RAM1600DDR3L-8GBx2)
– Synology E10G18-T1 / E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1 10Gbps Ethernet adapters
– Synology M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card
– Synology Expansion Unit RX418
– Rail Kit RKM114-Rail Kit Mounted / RKS1317-Rail Kit Sliding
– VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD
– Surveillance Device License Pack
– MailPlus License Pack
– Virtual DSM License Pack
- Warranty: 3 years